Thursday, June 21, 2007

Loving Your Job through a Positive Attitude

Some of us hate our jobs, or if we do like our jobs we have bad employers or bad employees that make going to work a chore. This morning I read a word from my devotions that really put a twist in things for me about our attitudes towards our jobs and maybe towards our life in general.

It states seven things that we need to do to achieve happiness in our work environment. I will take it a step further and say achieving happiness in our life in general.

1. See work as God's gift, not punishment.

2. Recognize God as your true employer.

3. Pursue work compatible with your gifts.

4. Learn everything possible about your job.

5. Use criticism to your advantage.

6. Do more than is expected of you.

7. Make Jesus your work partner.

By: Trinity Chapel Daily Devotions

The way I see it life is work. We are constantly in battle and I feel that God has given us the tools to overcome each situation or obstacle that we face in life. I think that by taken the tools that God has given us and having God with us in all things will definitely help us through the ugly situations life posses on us daily. As Christians we have to come to a point in our walk and say enough is enough. When are we going to grow-up? We are always complaining when things get tough. And, I wonder what God is saying to himself when we complain so much in his ears?

Why not wake-up to the fact that yes life is hard. Yes, we all have been through stuff. Now, lets change that by going into the Word and use and listen to what God has given us to improve ourselves daily. This goes for me as well.

We all have purpose in life to achieve the greatness that God has placed in us. These tools are effective if we take to time to say okay, I will choose to have a Christ attitude. I feel that if we say that we are Christians, then we need to be just that. Imitators of Christ.

Wisdom--knowledge--understanding--imply--do!!!

No comments: