Monday, October 22, 2007

What is this relationship doing to me?

Like I have said in my previous journal writings, I have been going through a transformation in my heart, mind, and soul. I have been going through a cleansing process of my own soul. I have been listening to series of teaching sermons that have been dealing with the renewing of the mind. Getting our minds into totally submission to God's word. And, I have been looking at my thought process and seeing how I am just not there yet in focusing in on God's Word. It is a process and it does take effort to get our minds into submission in God's Word. For me, I am truly hearing and seeing God's Word come a live to me like the first time. It is like the veil has been lifted from my eyes and I can see.

When I listen to these series, I see that the scriptures are not being misuse for gain but are helping us to see our selves and how it is imperative to live a life for Christ. We are living in dangerous times; especially those in the church. I feel like and see that several churches in American are not truly teaching the whole scriptures or the whole gospel. Instead they are misinterpretation scriptures for their own agenda. And, that to me is dangerous especially if we are professing that we are Christians. Many of these churches are fleecing, raping, robbing their sheep of the true message of Christ. They are robbing their sheep of the ability to truly walk God's Word out in full light in their lives.

The churches today are so busy teaching a word of name it, claim it, believe it to receive messages that the people are literally dying spiritually. That to me is sad because to me than we will never truly be free. Instead, we are still in bondage. When we go to church, the Word is suppose to convict us to be better instead we say "that word was encouraging I feel good".

When Christ came to the earth HE did not teach a feel good message instead HE told us that we are sinful and need to change. As Christians we are to put on the new man daily. We are in a daily battle spiritual with the enemy and so of us are not even ready to fight nor prepare to fight.

I have been focusing on King Solomon and how God came to him and this scripture rings out to me. Of how God said " If you obey me and Keep my laws and my commands", (1 Kings 3:14). I had to mediate on these words. God truly wants us to keep HIS commands in our hearts. And, as I continue to read Solomon's story I noticed that as he got old he did not keep God's commands. So, this leads me into the series I am now listening to Called " What is this relationship doing to me?

Here are some of the notes I have taken from this series:

Text reading from: 1 Kings 2:1-4, 1Kings 3: 1-14, 1 Kings 11: 1-4
Our ultimate goal: To establish a relationship with God. God wants to be first in our lives.

Reference texts: Exodus 34:12-16, 1John 2:15-17

God is a jealous God and HE wants first place in our hearts.

Reference texts: John 15:1-10, Matt. 10 34-39

We must be connected to God. We must renounce our relationship to the world.

True Christians must reflect Christ in all circumstances.
All that I do must reflect Christ. We must reflect HIS nature, HIS character.

True Christians knows their identity in Christ.
-knowing our identity is the bases for our freedom.

When we know who we are then we are free... but if we do not know who we are then we will always be a slave to this body and world.

No comments: