Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What a wise woman does.

"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish one pulls it down." (Proverbs 14:1)

This is one of my favorite verses. When I read this verse I am empowered to strive more in my walk with God. It speaks volume to me. I have to think about it for while and ponder what does this wise woman do in order to build up her household? What steps did she take to make sure that her foundation is strong? Then I start to list things down. First, she makes sure that her walk with the Lord is right. That she is cultivating her relationship with the Lord on a daily bases. Second, she is making sure that her relationship with her husband is being molded daily. Making sure that each need is being met, by learning how to speak her husband's love language. Edifying her husband and respecting him as the head of the household. Respect is a tough word for some women because they do not respect their husband. They undermind their husbands and treat them like children. And, that is not good. God wants us to encourage our husbands. Inspire them to be what God has called them to be. To stand strong with them, to aid them, to nurture them in every sense of the word. Thirdly, raising strong children for God. Teaching our children by example. Showing Christ to them daily.

That is what I think about when I read this scripture. I ask myself did I build upon my house today? Did I reflect God's word about being my husband's crown? Did I show God that my husband is highly favored because he has a good wife? These are the questions I ask myself. Because, I know that we live in a world where the men and women are at odds. But within my home we are united together. Also, I do believe that my husband and my children deserve to have the best. I do believe that I am best. My Lord strengthens me daily to be the best wife and mother to my husband and children. So, when I read this scripture I am encourage because my focus is on pleasing God to the fullness by ministering to my family and living the Word daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you Stephanie. I am continually thinking about what I am doing and if it is wise in the eyes of God. I love your heart. You are a blessing!

Great post my friend,
Tracy