Friday, July 13, 2007

My husband: " A Great Dad."

I love to watch my husband play with our children. I just adore the way they run to him when he gets home. They show so much excitement and joy. And, the way my husband's face just lights up when they yelled "Daddy's home". It makes my heart melt.


I can remember before we had children, and how I wanted my children to really love their daddy. It was important to me for my husband to be involved in our children lives. The reason being because my father was never really involved in my life and still isn't.


I can remember listening to my husband speak about his father. I noticed the love he had for his father. He had an okay relationship with his father. But at the same time, I sense a longing for a closer relationship with his father. My husband comes from a big family. He has six brothers and three sisters. Being in a big family you tend to get overlooked. I do not think it is intentional but you just do. So, you do not get the same kind of relationship with your parents you would like to have even when they are good parents.

I think that is why it so important to my husband to have a close bond with our children, especially with his son. Michael just adores his daddy. He wants to be like his daddy. When Guy goes to work, Michael gets sad. He says to Guy, "daddy I want to go to work with you ". It just melts my heart. I know that makes his day.

That is his goal in life. He wants to be the best father he can be to his children. And, Fiona is his little princess. She loves her daddy. She loves to sit on his lap and be pampered by him. He is a good father. He plays with them. He is attentive to them.

Over the years that we have been together, I am just amazed of how good a father he is to our children. Sometimes, we joke of how if anything ever happen to me, he would go and live with the kids. I just laugh. My husband does not like to live alone. He is a good man. And, I am glad that our children have him as their dad.

No comments: