Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don't you get tired of people talking in your ears? People who always have an opinion about something that you never asked their opinion for? Those who want to basically run your life for you. Well, I have gotten to a point in my life where I am just tired of that. I will be 30 soon. And, this past year I had to start making life alerting decisions. Decisions that will only empower me in the future. I had to seriously evaluate the people around me. The people who do nothing but input things that do not help me but only hurt me.

As, I am growing and maturing in the word. I have come to my breaking point where I just only want to hear the voice of God in my life. I want to live a life only for HIM. A life well meaning to HIM. I am tired of the nonsense and what something real. So, as I am fasting this week. I have resolved that I will be cautious of people I let in my life. I think it is imperative to be selective of the people around you. Because, I noticed not everyone is a friend. And, not every one is happy for you. They are only there to bring you down.

So, I have decided to stop! Stop being around people who are only there to drain you. I love to encourage people. To help them strive for the best; to encourage them in their walk with God.

So, I have to be wise in the friends I choose. And, I want to teach my children the same values in being wise in friendships. I know that your walk with God is important so why not take the time to re-evaluate the people around you. Ask yourself are the people around good for me or only hurt me? And, also evaluate yourself and ask yourself are you helping or hurting others too?

No comments: