Monday, July 30, 2007

Do we really love Christ?

How can we say we love Christ when we hurt HIM so?

Today, my heart is grieving. Yesterday, my husband and I heard some terrible news. Our friends has called it quits on their marriage. We found out yesterday that they are separated. I am not happy at all by this. It just frustrates me so much when we say we love Christ and yet our actions speak another language.
I know that they were having issues but I thought things were getting better. (And, I still believe it can get better)
I just do not get it. No one cheated. No domestic violence. But just differences of opinion. I am just not happy. Now, the kids will suffer. They have allowed the enemy to win over their marriage. That is how I see it.

I just think of the children involved in this. Children know when things are different. They did not ask to come into this world. So, why not try to work on your marriage? Marriage is not easy but with Christ it can get better.

I am just so hurt by this. Because we say are Christians and yet we have failed marriages. We do not go for help instead we just give up.

So, yea. How can we say we love Christ when we reject HIM daily?
We reject HIM through our manner of speech, attitudes towards each other, and our hearts. We say that we love HIM with our mouth but our hearts spur out words of hate.

If we truly love God then let us be like HIM. Talk like HIM. Walk like HIM. Let us show love to one another. Let us commune daily with appreciation towards each other. Let us build our relationships daily on HIM. Let us wash our hearts with HIS word. Because when we do that then we will not need to say with our mouths that we love HIM because our walks will have declared it so.

1 comment:

www.tracyhurst.com said...

Stephanie,

I know you are disappointed and grieving. I know that God is grieving too. He longs to heal and restore, but sometimes we (as you stated in your blog) choose to not allow Him is move. Our flesh is strong, but God is stronger. Our challenges are real, but God is more real than our situations!

I love you and will agree with you in prayer for God to do the impossible!

Blessings,
Tracy