Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine. We were discussing why some women make damaging mistakes that not only effect them but the people around them. Their children especially. I wonder why they do not learn from their past errors. Why? Is the question. I guess a lot has to do with the way they were raised. However, does that give these women the excuse to not change? Does it allow them to persist in the error of their ways? Does it allow them to be blinded or in denial?

My answer is no. Reguardless, of what you have gone through in life; it leaves no excuse to continue in the pattern of distruction. Especially, when it involves children.

And, this not only goes for women but also men as well. Men who leave their wives and their children. Stating that they could no longer work it out with their wives but still love their children. Which is a lie. Because if you loved your children you would not have left their mother. But instead stayed and worked on improving the relationship.

I was saying to my friend how awesome it is to be married to my husband for 6 years now. It has not always been an easy road but we choose to make it work. We love each other and like each other. We made a covenant before God and man that we will last forever til death separates us. And, our foundation is Jesus Christ.

So, again I wonder why do we make such damaging decisions that lead to consequences that are so distructive to those around us. Why?

Should we continue to go on and blame the past or learn from it and start focusing on the furture?

As, I ponder on it. The reason being is that most of us do not know who we are in Christ Jesus. When we do not know who we are. When we act out of God's charater we make poor choices. Which in turn leads towards the negative effects in our lives. I think that is why some women make negative choices in the mates they choose and vice verse for men as well.

That is something to think about.

No comments: